At the December 2012 general membership meeting it was announced that the executive board is proposing a $4.00 increase to the current $1.00 dues assessment, It will be discussed at length at the January 13. 2013 meeting and voted on by the membership by secret ballot at the February 10, 2013 general membership meeting.
Section 18 of the Food Driver Salesmen, Dairy and Ice Cream Workers Local 463 Bylaws
(E) General or Special assessments and levies may be made from time to time in the manner provided hereinafter.
(F) Any increase in the rate of dues or initiation fees or the levying of any general or special assessment by the Local Union shall be made at a general or special membership meeting in accordance with the following procedures:
(1) Reasonable notice shall be given of the meeting at which the membership will consider the question of whether or not such dues, initiation, or reinstatement fees, general or special assessment shall be increased or levied. The notice shall indicate that a proposed increase or assessment is to be voted on.
(2) At the meeting called as provided in this Section, voting shall be by secret ballot of the members in good standing.
(3) A majority vote by secret ballot of the members in good standing voting at such meeting shall decide the issue.
(4) This provision supersedes Section 29 (Amendments) with respect to changing the dues and fees set forth in these Bylaws.
(5) Nothing contained in Section 18(f) of these Bylaws shall preclude the Local Union Executive Board in the exercise of its discretion, from directing that a membership vote on issues involving dues, fees, or assessments be conducted by mail ballot referendum after appropriate notice and with safeguards for preserving the secrecy of the balloting.